Creekbridge Dental knows that sometimes, as we age, dentures or partials may become part of your discussion at our office in the Brooklyn Park and Brooklyn Center, MN area. They don’t have to be uncomfortable or annoying though! Let us help custom fit the perfect partial or full set for your mouth. Dentures are a removable replacement for missing teeth and adjacent tissues.
Some benefits of dentures include:
- Dentures improve your chewing ability and speech, and provide support for facial muscles
- Dentures enhance your facial appearance and smile!
- Complete dentures can be placed on your upper jaw, lower jaw, or both
Variations of dentures available:
- Complete dentures – replace all teeth
- Candidates for complete dentures have lost most or all of their teeth
- Partial dentures – fill in the spaces created by missing teeth preventing other teeth from changing position
- Candidates for partial dentures still have some natural teeth remaining
- Immediate dentures – – you do not have to be without teeth during the healing period with this type. Healing may take at least 6-8 weeks
- One thing that can change is the shape of your jaws and tissues over time. When bones change due to lack of tooth stimulation or shrink, dentures may require rebasing or relining to fit properly. So periodic check-ups can allow evaluation of fit and comfort.
- Overdentures – removable dentures that fit over a small number of remaining natural teeth or implants
- With this type, natural teeth must be prepared to provide stability and support for the denture
Please call us at 763-561-1570 or e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
For more information on dentures, please visit: http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/az-topics/d/Dentures.